Saturday 19 December 2015

Do You Have Writers' Cramp?



In December my new short story 'Writers' Cramp' featured in Issue 5 of the Ironic Fantastic magazine, edited by my friend and fellow writer Paulo Brito, based in Portugal. In this story, dedicated to my friend Brian, there is a mystery to be solved in the writers' block when artist Little Miss Malaprop gets herself in a muddle and goes missing.

I took inspiration from all my many talented writer friends who have always encouraged me to develop my writing and poetry. Considering I write for fun, having this support from many established writer friends means a lot to me and it was only natural for me to write a short story about writers that I hope they will all find amusing.

From Europe to Australia,  there are an eclectic range of established and new international writers, illustrators and poets featured in this issue, so it is an honor for me to be published with them all and I was pleased to see some of my good friends featured too - it is a pleasure to be able to be part of something creative with all of them.

As some of you know, I am a big supporter of promoting local talent across the Arts and over recent years the freedom to self-publish on the web has opened many doors to independent writers, artists and publishers. Today many creatives can collaborate and share their exciting talent without being stifled by bureaucracy, or controlled by the giant corporate wheel.

Issue 5 of the Ironic Fantastic is free to download.  A taster of all the wonderful stories and poems featured by all the amazing international contributors can be seen in the contents table photo I have posted above. I hope you will all enjoy reading this magazine over the festive season.

I would like to end this post by wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas break and a sparkly new year - see you all for a cat's tongue wag in 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment